Each R.I.M.S.® mount is rolled by hand and checked to make sure the diameter is perfect. It is vital that a RIMS® mount fits the drum just right, thus eliminating any lateral forces on the drum when mounted. Mass produced copies or ‘R.I.M.S.® style’ mounts that are on the market are not rolled to the exact diameter of the drum, resulting in more inward or outward stress on the tension rods, lugs, and shell of the drum. You may see the tension rods literally ripping through the rubber grommets of these mounts because the force is so strong. The result is loss of resonance and a drum shell that can be distorted out of round.
• Speed Shift to 9 different heights to switch volume, sound and speed in seconds!
• Self-adjusting, ABS beater head with a cup-shaped head that can reverse to a rounded hard head
• Self-venting beater head that enables unrestricted airflow
• Red aircraft grade aluminum shaft
• Beater head rotates 360 degrees. Turn 90 degrees to lock, unlock or remove