WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND WHY?
(a)information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
(b) information relating to any transactions carried out between you and BR Distribution on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
(c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
(d) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, specifically, email notifications and/or newsletters.
(e) any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both ‘session’ cookies and ‘persistent’ cookies on our website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date. These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your account user name, regional choice, currency choice) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect is anonymous and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We may use your personal information to:
- (a) administer the website.
- (b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- (c) enable your use of the services available on the website.
- (d) send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;.
- (e) send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you.
- (f) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
- (g) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- (h) send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- (j) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- (b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- (d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We do not store any details of payment card information and have no access to your payment card information.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential and we will never ask you for your password.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time after opting in to receiving marketing information from us.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.